Write What You Know About Ghost Mannequin Effect

Discuss about the TLD Forum
khairul618397

Write What You Know About Ghost Mannequin Effect

Post by khairul618397 »

Write what you know Again, like "write every day" it's not really a disaster. But that's not the gospel either. You might be able to create something compelling from what you know. Or… you may need to learn something to be able to put together a solid job. For a long time my Ghost Mannequin Effect version of this was: Know what you write. Do not post half-baked, false, misleading or weak material. Check the facts yourself. Be ruthless. Even fiction writers have to ground their work in absolutely knowing the world Ghost Mannequin Effect they're writing about. Our own Kelton Reid added this: "You can always learn more, even if you're writing about something you know like the back of your hand.

Waiting for inspiration Pamela Wilson Ghost Mannequin Effect and Robert Monahan offered this one: - bad advice: wait for inspiration to strike I know some great writers who work when “inspired”. And I know many more who work out regularly because they're pros and that's what pros Ghost Mannequin Effect does. (I am in the second camp.) Creative work is fun that way. Excitement and inspiration, when they occur, often only appear after the damn work. Sometimes they don't show up at all. Yet we put our fingers on the keyboard or the pen or the quill, and we get to work. Should you edit as you write? Surely this one is sacrosanct, right? Pamela wrote about this the other day… you mind editing your work at the same time you write it.

This is generally correct. Except when it's not. Our editor Ghost Mannequin Effect Stefanie Flaxman put it this way: “Experienced writers have learned to tighten up their sentences and paragraphs as they write to maximize their chances of producing a solid first draft.” I write a lot, and Ghost Mannequin Effect I've had it for a long time. It's instinctive for me to prune the little ugly things as I go (I just did one there), and to shape and reshape them as I work. I also mark up my work in HTML as I write. In other words, I'm kind of a mutant.